Monday, June 16, 2008

Wally World

I have never really understood so many peoples hatred of Wal Mart. Their basic business plan is to undercut the competion. Sure this is bad for a few small merchants but for the rest of us it means we can buy all sorts of garbage for cheap.
This last week I was searching for a previous version of Command and Conquer for my computer. It had to be the older version because its what the rest of my family uses. I searched several so called game stores but couldn't find it. One of these stores was close to a Wal Mart so I decided to give it a last ditch try. To my pleasant surprise I found a DVD with not only the version I was looking for but several prior to it with expansion packs for $30. This experience once again affirmed that as much as I hate shopping Wal Mart makes it a little easier.

3 comments:

Suzie said...

I hate Walmart, but yet I do still shop there because I can't turn down a good deal, even if it comes with the crappiest customer service known to man.

Sina said...

I refuse to shop at wally world for several reasons:

1. Quality is very poor in produce
2. Meat - are you even sure that's ground beef?
3. Customer service sucks
4. Clothing quality in general sucks, I want clothes that last longer than a few weeks.
5. Lead
7. Do they ever clean the bathrooms?

KandK said...

Well, I shop at walmart because down here there isn't much of a choice!!
Thankfully we have great customer service and I love that they match ad prices.....
although their produce leaves much to be desired.