Saturday, January 26, 2008

Lame Elections and Immigration

Is anyone else out there having a hard time being excited about the presidential election? I just cant seem to find any candidate who I really want to get behind. I like some of Ron Paul's economic ideas but cant stand his immigration policy. ALL candidates pretend to be pro market. "Get government out of business" they say. Well according to my memory of economics there are three main factors of production; land, LABOR, and capital. If you are really in favor of a free market you believe in the free flow of labor and that the "invisible hand" will allocate it efficiently. Guess what, if you put up restrictions on immigration you are restricting labor. Therefore if you are anti immigration you are not "pro market" or what ever other buzz word you want to use. So Mitt Ron Rudy quit saying you are what you are not. I'll let John off the hook on this one but just barely.

No comments: